Sunday 15 March 2009

Mood Board Update

Over the past few weeks using my mood boards at inspiration I started to create some basic scenes within 3DS MAX. During the development of my scenes I started to gain more in depth ideas about what I wanted to create and thought id concentrate on some ideas and bring them more to life with additional mood boards to use as reference and inspiration.
My first mood board for my fictional technology channel shows an outer space scene, populated with a large planet (Earth) with a much smaller planet behind it to give more depth to the scene.
An advanced alien spaceship is shown to be flying towards the planet. The Technology Channel title
is show along the side of a close up image of the flying spaceship.
The idea behind this mood board was that Earth is being scouted by an advanced alien culture. Something disastrous happens to the alien ship upon coming into the earth's atmosphere and the vessel crashes. the remains are quickly hidden away by earth's governments and thus is the reason for all of earth's advanced technology.

My second mood board captures an Ipod/music player like device playing on a gaming console. the image next to this is a cityscape being attacked and destroyed by large invading alien fleet.
With this mood board I wanted to continue the theme of advanced technology becoming intelligent and turning against its makers. within my animation I want to create the city being attacked by multiple spaceships, then for the camera to zoom out to show its actually just a video game, being controlled by an Ipod. I thought this would be a clever idea because it carries on my theme of intelligent technology but also shows that they are human in nature because they like to sit on sofas and play video games.


No comments: